Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bunny Towel

so last night was our wards silent auction for girls camp, so i thought i would be nice and donate a "Sister Hipster" item. only after i signed myself up on the list i thought to myself.. what the heck am i doing? everyone in this ward is super crafty and sews! so the only thing i could come up with besides the typical burper and baby bib, was a..... dish towel! yey! kinda lame, i know, but if you know me, you know i make a lot of these bad boys. So this is what i came up with.. it's just like the mr. bunny i did but with fabric. I used the same techniques as this tutorial but again with fabric, not paper. obviously. And i backed the fabric with interfacing and sprayed it with starch. i have to say i had a lot of fun making in and wanted to keep it myself. but I had to put something in that i was somewhat proud of so thank you jenny for bidding on it!! it went to a great home :)



2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Mel!!! Yesterday I used your tutorial to make a "bunny towel"!!! So funny! Except I made mine a fox towel. I love it, and I'm gonna send it to Aaron's sister. Seriously great tutorial

the little darlings said...

thanks! i had fun doing it, and once again, your's turned out awesome. do i get to see it before you mail it?